Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Final Preperations

Hey everyone, i'd like to first thank everyone for all their support and prayers and i have been preparing for this next chapter in my life. I leave tommorrow for Washington DC and then will fly to Uganda will all the other students Thursday evening. Please be praying for our safe travels. As I have been sittin at home this summer I have pondered many times about what it will be like in Uganda, and what to expect, but from my previous trip to Malawi, I have learned not to go in with too many expectations, because most of them will be different. This past weekend I talked to some of my best friends from back at SNU, and it made me begin to realize how much I really am going to miss everyone for these few months. I know that this trip is all in God's plan, but it has been very difficult to even imagine being away from all my friends at school. I want you all to know that I will sincerely miss you very much, and that I'll be praying for all of you, that your semester goes well and all. This summer has been somewhat difficult as some of you know, but honestly finally being home for a summer with my family and friends was one of the best things for me. I learned a lot about myself and my friendships. To all my friends in Idaho, thanks for one of the best summers of my life, and you better stay in contact with me while I'm gone. To all ym Sports Info family, have an amazing couple seasons of sports, you guys will do great, I am going to miss out on a lot I realize. Anyways pray for me that God will prepare my heart for the adventure i'm about to be on, and also for all the people I will be going with. pray for the people of Uganda that we will come into contact with. Most of all keep God first. Love you all!

11 comments:

Mrs. Stevens said...

William, it is hard for me to realize that tomorrow you will be leaving for 4 months. Dad and I are so proud of you and all that you have done "in the name of the Lord". Of all the places in the world, the one place I have always wanted to go to was Africa, and now you are on your 3rd trip there. Please know that each and every day, dad and I will lift you up in prayer for a wonderful experience. We love you so much, mom

Cara said...

William! You are going to have the most amazing time. I'll be praying for you. Fly Safe! I can't wait to read the first update!

Laurie Tomlinson said...

I'll keep you in my prayers! You will do great!

Little Stevens Girl said...

hope you have a safe trip!!!

Heather said...

HEY!! I cant believe you are gone!!! It will go by sooo fast!! I cant wait to see you in 4 months!! I will let you know about how well our team is doing!!! OK well have fun stay safe!!! Loves

Mrs. Stevens said...

I just spoke with William as he was boarding his flight in Washington DC for Amsterdam and then onto Uganda. He sounded tired but very excited. Please continue to pray for safe travel. They will have no internet for about 1 1/2 weeks. However, Best Semester is suppose to e-mail parents when they arrive safely. I will let everyone know when I get that message. Thanks, Carole (William's mom)

Dad said...

W'illiam,it seems like only yesterday that you were a small boy with glasses on and charming everyone in the church at Porterville. My how you've grown into an adventurous young man! I'm so proud to be your dad. It's going to be a long time until Christmas this year waiting for you to come home from Uganda. All of our staff at the CSI Office on Aging will be watching your adventures on your blog site. Just know that I'm praying for you and all your fellow students while your over in Uganda and Rwanda. May God bless you and keep you in his abiding care. We love you very much, Dad.

P.S. Our Twin Falls Kiwanis Club will be recruiting college students at CSI to start a new Circle K Club on campus. Keep us in your prayers!

Dad said...

Will, good morning! You must be in Amsterdam by now and making a lot of new friends from all over the place! Mom sent me a website for the "World Clock" so that I will always know what the time and temperature in Uganda are. Just hoping that you're having a great time already and that you'll "blog us an update" as soon as you're able. Don't forget to send pictures if you can? Have a great flight into Uganda and may God bless you in all your travels.
Love, Dad.

P.S. I got accepted to the CPE Extended Unit at St. Luke's Medical Center in Boise. I'll have to travel up there one day per week from November through May. Keep me in your prayers.

Mrs. Stevens said...

I just got a call from Best Semester and William and the rest of the students have arrived safely in Uganda. God is good. Thank you so much for your prayers.
Carole (Will's mom)

Dad said...

William, so glad to hear that you're all safely in Uganda. I've just finished mowing the lawn again and will be so glad when fall/winter comes and I won't have to mow for a few months! Sounds like you're already doing some fun sighting-seeing and making a lot of new friends. I'm anxious to see the pictures you took of Kampala and other places. Have a great week and know that mom and I have you and your classmates all in our prayers. Grace and peace to all! Love, Dad.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you and I got to hang out so much this summer! It really was one of the best summers because you were here! You are really one of the greatest friends I have and am blessed to have you in my life. Have a wonderful semester in Uganda and I can't wait to see you for Christmas!
-Miguel aka Michelle